Sunday, April 22, 2012

the great escape

My Canadian departure was a fly by night kind of mission. I managed to sneak out a day before I had planned to without bidding farewell to anyone. I've no doubt made a few good friends up north over the past few years, but I won't miss Kingston. I don't think I've ever been so happy to be in Chester County.

Last week was busy.

- Trail work at French Creek with TBR.
- Work at two of my three awesome jobs toiling in the finest soil this country has to offer
- Green Drinks at The Whip
- Rolling Thunder Blues Review at the Side Bar
- Riding the Wissahickon and hanging out with Lowell before his Colorado departure
- Connecting Hicks & West Road, The Laurels & ChesLen Preserves almost completely on dirt
- The Station Taproom with Moll & Spleen Boy
- Photo shoot for FIG
- Chechito's Birthday
- Milking sheep 
- Painting the kitchen
- Tacos a la Pena
- Awesome neighborhood dinner
- Unpacking the house (still so much to do)
- Successfully procrastinating on various outstanding academic projects
                 (bibliography, phd proposal, editorial stuff for 'gender, place, & culture')

My days are filled with gratitude. I must be the luckiest person in the world.