Sunday, April 29, 2012

Should have raced Michaux

I'm researching medical leave right now....  I think I'll have to apply tomorrow so I have some quick research to do. It seems like a good idea for the summer anyway as it will save me a hunk of money over the next few months. We shall see if I can pull it all together in less than 18 hours.

I had my interview today.... turns out I'm horrible at disguising my radical left-of-left sympathies. The 'a-political' group asked me not only about my preference of health care systems, but also about my position regarding undocumented immigration. Related? No. Bigots? I think maybe. I felt written off within the first 10 minutes. All in all I definitely should have gone out to Michaux. 

With (huge) exception to the interview, my day was pretty stellar. I had my first juego de futbol with team Holandia. Those ladies are rocking and we absolutely dominated. I think the final score was 11-0. It was awesome and I'm super excited about the rest of the season. I also had a delicious dinner with Ms. Tracy and managed to send in my final term paper for 882. Just a few more things to finish up, but nothing too pressing at the moment.


7 4 student papers to grade
23 student assessments to complete
70+ final exams to grade

a Union AGM
2 Arbitration decisions to write


1 term paper
2 presentations
1 guest lecture

1 PhD proposal (extension granted)
3 overdue summaries (abandoned)
Canadian Taxes
American Taxes