Friday, April 6, 2012

making progress

7 4 student papers to grade
23 student assessments to complete
70+ final exams to grade
a Union AGM
2 Arbitration decisions to write


1 term paper
2 presentations
1 guest lecture

1 PhD proposal
3 overdue summaries
Canadian Taxes
American Taxes

And a bit of humor:
After a successful 901 AGM last night, the union folk headed out to the bar in celebration of a great first year and to welcome the 2012/2013 executive. Trying to make the most of my time, I had a few student papers out on table so that I could make the occasional note between sips of cider. One drink turned into three, and as the undergraduate population flooded into the bar, it was clear that my exit time had come.
I made my way home and then, about an hour later, realized that I had left a handful of student papers behind. I zipped down the hill on my bike and (despite the bar being absolutely packed with terrible karaoke singers and wasted undergrads celebrating the end of term) I luckily found the essays on the table where I had left them.
It was a close call to say the least!